Who is PALLAS?
PALLAS’s mission is to provide unique solutions for nuclear medicine and research.
Our vision is to build a safe, state-of-the-art facility to become the world’s leading producer of radioisotopes for nuclear medicines and to enable nuclear technology research. The PALLAS-reactor will be the first in the industry to be privately financed, owned and operated, and it will be built in Petten, Noord-Holland, on the site of the existing High Flux Reactor.
PALLAS aspires to become a high-reliability organisation with the skills and capability to deliver its mission and vision through its core values, whilst ensuring that its safety, security and quality objectives are always achieved. We apply our unique knowledge and experience to benefit society by taking interest in our stakeholders.
PALLAS is composed of colleagues coming from all over the world, bringing together a unique set of knowledge and experience. Everyone in PALLAS is required to take personal responsibility for the safety of themselves and of anyone who is directly or indirectly affected by their actions. A high safety culture is continuously built by the organisation.
The Procurement Officer will have a focus on the role of tender process lead. They will assess the contractors, suppliers, providers and sellers depending on factors like price, capability, provisions, safety, security, accessibility, durability, services and purchases of products and services from them (pre-qualification).
The Procurement Officer will report to the Contracts and Procurement Manager.
The Procurement Officer has the following key responsibilities and duties:
- Function as the key contact in our collaboration with the contractors, ensuring alignment with all involved parties;
- Upholding information with respect to the company purchasing or procurement strategies, programmes and events;
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures;
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers. Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased;
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.;
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts. Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports;
- Collaborating with the contributing organisations and vendors, clearing all the queries on the support of documents and providing the documents at the right time;
- Formulating different purchasing strategies and programs with the contractors and suppliers;
- Upholding the documented procurement books, files and reports and preserving the documented records of all the vital and key dates;
- Interacting with the staff members about various agreement issues, doubts and queries;
- Interacting with the contractors and service providers, reaching conclusions and upholding the purchasing plans, standard rules and regulations of the Contracts and Procurement organisation;
- Administering, managing, handling and directing the important measures adopted for executing the purchasing methods and procedures;
- Update on a regular basis the active and present purchasing styles and upholding the purchasing processes as per the policies and modulatory regulations of the business;
- Comprehending the requirements of the company and handling the contractors and suppliers accordingly;
- Updating the status of the products and services and investigating the domestic and global providers (Qualified Supplier List (QSL)) to the organisation in order to decide as to what should be procured;
- Recognising potential procurement and buying business possibilities and maintaining agreement with the plans and regulations of the organisation.
- You are a self-starter – able to work independently with little guidance;
- You are able to see the big picture and willing do dive down into the required level of detail;
- You offer strong organisational and time management skills;
- You are a good presenter – able to synthesise findings, develop recommendations, and translate these into compelling and structured PowerPoint presentations;
- You have a keen eye for commercial opportunities – able to meet with future contractors and suppliers, identify unmet needs, define the PALLAS value proposition and develop partner proposals;
- You cooperate constructively in a team environment with many stakeholders and partners in a complex, ambiguous and fluid environment.
- Degree in law, accounting, business management or a similar field is preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience in a Procurement and Contractor Management role or in a similar position;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills and attention to detail;
- In-depth knowledge of European procurement and tendering laws;
- Working knowledge of the primary contract types (e.g. FIDIC, LOGIC, CRINE, ARVODI, BIMCO etc.) and the ability to develop bespoke contracts when needed;
- Knowledge of Expressions of Interest (EOI), Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ), Contract Information Forms (CIF), Notice To Proceed (NTP), etc.;
- Knowledge of Dutch procurement and tendering laws.
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Dutch;
- Familiarity with the TenderNed / Negometrix platform for public tendering facility.
What we offer
PALLAS is a growing organisation and as such will present unique challenges and professional development opportunities for an associate in the area of Procurement.
PALLAS offers a very competitive salary ranging from € 4.000 – € 6.000 gross per month plus holidays allowance (8%), to be discussed depending on your education and experience. PALLAS will support you in becoming and remaining suitably qualified and experienced by supporting the necessary training and qualification.
You will be directly employed at PALLAS, starting with an annual employment contract. Based on the overall performance and results achieved, you will be offered the opportunity for renewal to an indefinite period contract. In addition to working with a fun team in a pleasant working environment, you receive pension contributions, full coverage of your transportation costs, a business phone ánd laptop. PALLAS also offers you a Personal Choice Budget that provides you with extra holidays. Finally, we work with a performance system that gives you the possibility for an annual salary raise in case of a good performance!
At PALLAS we care for health and well-being, safety, security and the environment, we act truthfully and professionally and deliver what we promise. We apply our unique knowledge and experience to benefit the society by taking interest in our stakeholders.
PALLAS is composed of colleagues coming from all over the world, bringing together a unique set of knowledge and experience. Everyone in PALLAS is required to take personal responsibility for safety of themselves and anyone who is directly or indirectly affected by their actions. A high safety culture is continuously built by the organisation.
Within PALLAS you will work with and get the support from senior members of the Contract and Procurement team. You will experience that the work has a high degree of variation and challenges, with many opportunities to learn and grow. You will work in an international and professional environment in our head office in Alkmaar.